Friday, May 15, 2009

Wow...Being a Mom is Hard Work...

Elle taking a nap...so sweet and peaceful



This mom thing sure is hard work.  Here's a short list of what makes it so hard:

1.  You have to PLAN when you can get ready for the day around feedings. (it's 1:25 and I still have not showered for the day)

2.  You are constantly on call...feed, burp, change, get spit up on, bounce, pacify, try the swing...and repeat ALL day long. 

3.  What you used to be able to do...just doesn't happen as easily...gym workout...haha, funny joke!

4.  Taking the dog out is a full blown production...because now you have to take the dog AND the baby out.

5.  Everything takes a bit more planning...we don't just run to the store real quick...this is a planned event.

6.  The tiredness just magnifies every emotion sometimes causing bursts of crying ie.  this morning when the dog would not go the to bathroom when I took her out.

7.  There is WAY more laundry to do, and you just can't slack on it...(especially when you hardly have any clothes that fit the scrawny child)...she's getting bigger though!

8.  Tiredness...did I mention that yet?....makes you just want to take naps.  (by the way, naps with Elle are the BEST THING IN THE WORLD!!

9.  The amount of diapers you go through...wow!  Can't wait for the gDiapers to fit, so I can stop buying diapers.

10.  The hardest part is that you love this little one SOOO much that you want to go, go, go, and do everything you can to make her life as good as possible.  Sometimes you feel like you are doing it, and sometimes you just need a nap!

I think I'm doing it today!!

2 comments:

  1. Molly! I stumbled onto your blog..I think from Crystal's. Congrats on your cute little girl! Welcome to the world of getting little done, pulling your hair out, and stained clothes? I wouldn't have it any other way. What's your email and I can link you to my blog if you'd like...
    Take care :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hard, right!? And wonderfully so. It took me a year before I felt like my head was above water. This last weekend Vinnie got his new toddler bed. He's doing really well staying in bed. Potty training is next!

    ReplyDelete