Thursday, June 11, 2009

Baby Carriers...A Review...

Elle in the Moby Wrap (just days old)
Elle in the Hot Sling
Elle in the Swing (a couple weeks old)
Elle in the Moses Basket (a week or so old... her eyes are still bruised)
In the Universal Stroller 
In the carseat on Mother's Day
Elle in the Baby Bjorn


Alright, so I've been a mom now for a little over two months.  I have traveled with my newborn, taken her to restaurants, concerts, church, walks in the park and the mall.  I have carried Elle in a variety of different ways:

Universal stroller (frame that you set the carseat on and strap it down)
Jogging stroller
Carseat
Moby wrap
Hot sling
Baby Bjorn
Moses Basket
Swing
My two buff arms

From my least favorite way to carry her to my favorite the list would look like this:
Carseat:  The carseat weighs more than the baby girl...it is awkward and bangs your legs when you walk.  You have to keep switching arms lest one arm get more buff than the other.

My two buff arms (not that I'm whimpy though):  This really isn't a bad way to carry the baby.  If I'm going to run into the store for one or two things...I just carry her like this...way less hassle.

Moses Basket:  Elle is soooo cute when she is in the moses basket.  Carrying her in it is not the easiest...but once you get to where you are going...it is a nice bed for her to take her nap in.

Universal stroller:  This is great when going to the mall...just click in, click out.  But for walks in the parks....I thought on one or more occasions that I was going to tip her over...That would not be a pretty picture.

Jogging stroller: This is going to be great before long.  Right now, technically, she is too small to ride in this stroller, thus I have to fill in the gaps in the harness with blankets.  This can't be the safest thing I've done with my newborn!

Moby wrap:  This wrap is cool.  It is 6 yards of fabric that you can wrap around your body in a variety of ways to hold the baby.  The only downside right now is...the one way that Elle goes into the wrap takes two people to get the wrap on.  So this can only be used when Cole or a helpful friend is close by.  This is the wrap that we use when we go to concerts and Elle loves it!

Hot sling:  This is the cutest wrap.  Pink and brown and when Elle is in it and we walk by people on the street, I hear, "there's a baby in there...I think there's a baby in there...My baby was never that small."  This wrap has been used at two weddings so far, and will be used at the wedding we will be attending tomorrow.  

Baby Bjorn:  Elle just recently made weight for this carrier.  She enjoys facing out and towards me in this carrier.  It is comfortable for both Cole and me, which is a plus.  After feeding Elle she likes to get in this carrier and walk around the house with me.  She also likes walks in the park in the Bjorn...and she really likes taking the dog out strapped into this carrier.  

Swing:  When Elle enjoys her swing...Mom enjoys picking up the upstairs, doing dishes and adding a new post to her blog.  We are borrowing the swing from my brother and sister in law...and we love it..Elle's sleeping in it right now!

I use all of these baby "carriers" equally and love them all in different situations.  It's good to have a variety of modes to carry baby depending on baby's mood...okay... it really depends on my mood!!  I'll have to take a picture of Elle in the jogging stroller...coming soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment