Saturday, April 25, 2009

Gettin' back to Normal...






Well, It's been 3 weeks and one day since Elle was born.  Throughout my 35 weeks and 5 days of being pregnant I  gained 25 pounds.  Wow!  It's amazing how that happens.  I was right on track to gain 30 pounds had I gone full term.  

Gaining weight during my pregnancy was one of the most stressful and all consuming thoughts that I had.  Probably because all of my maternity clothes were borrowed from my skinny sister-in-law Amy.  I wanted to make sure that I fit the clothes...1.  Because they were really cute maternity clothes - I got compliments on them all the time and...2.  I didn't want to have to buy more clothes that I would just grow or actually shrink out of in a couple months - I'm cheap like that!  So, I tried everything to keep my weight gain under control - everything that is except skip the rolled tacos from Santanas!

But now three weeks later, and without much exercise since the birth, I'm proud to say, I have 1-2 lbs. to go to get to my pre-baby weight!  I'm actually hoping to lose about 6 more pounds since I was a little heavier than I wanted to be when I got pregnant.  I am excited to get back to working out in a couple weeks...I'm just walking now which is good, but I'm itchin' to do a little more.

On my facebook page I created a week by week photo album of my growing belly.  I have finished off the album with pictures of Elle in my arms.  By the way...in every picture I am wearing the same outfit so you can really see the difference in my growing and now shrinking belly.  The pictures at the top of this post are 1.  Me at 13 weeks 2.  Me at 35 weeks and 3.  Elle and me at 3 weeks after the birth!


1 comment:

  1. WE'll be able to start working out again around the same time...I have 3 more weeks and man, is it frustrating to only be able to walk....I figure we'll have so much energy to be starting fresh...

    ReplyDelete