Monday, October 12, 2009

I'm liking this food thing!

Cole and I spent a Sunday afternoon making all kinds of baby food. Elle is 6 months old now and ready for some food. I could hardly wait!! We went to the store, bought some organic fruits and veggies, and used the baby cook book my mom gave me at my baby shower last December.

We went to Whole Foods because it was close, (next time we'll go to Henry's and save a little more cash) and bought: peas, butternut squash, sweet potatoes, apples, pears, and zucchini. We got all of that for $12. Then we began the steaming and pureeing. Such fun!!

It only took us an hour to make all the food. We froze all that we pureed in cute little containers my mom got for us, ice cube trays and old baby food jars. We ended up making 68 servings of food for Elle. That's 17 cents a serving...not bad!

We started feeding her butternut squash that night. Butternut squash and oatmeal cereal...mmm

So now Elle gets two meals a day. She gets cereal in the morning, and a veggie and cereal for dinner. She is a good little eater, even though after the first bite she always makes a face that says, "What is this?? Gross!! I much prefer my old meals of milk!"

Here are a few pictures of Elle and the butternut squash aftermath:

Who me? Messy? What?

I'll take some more mom!

I like this stuff, and your old bib Mom!

Yeah, I think we can do this again tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment