Tuesday, September 29, 2009

"Uncle Bassam"

Last year I worked in the Cafe at the bottom of our condo building. Cafe Bassam is the name of the Cafe. I worked there until Thanksgiving of last year, when I grew too big to get the coffee mugs, and cooking the food in the back gave me gag reflexes. You know, typical first trimester stuff.

I still make the schedule for the girls who work at the cafe, and Bassam loves me. Although, I think he loves Elle more! When we came home from the hospital he called us and said, "Come down to the Cafe. Don't buy anything else for the baby, I have everything you need." We went down to the Cafe and sure enough. Bassam pretty much gave me a baby shower by himself! A little bit of everything. Bottles, diapers, outfits, blankets, robes, baths, hats...you name it, he had purchased it for Elle.

Now that Elle is bigger, every time I go down to the Cafe Bassam always wants to hold "the doll". He has also started slipping her $20 bills. Here are a couple pictures of Elle and "Uncle Bassam"


Bassam and the "doll"


He's slipping her the goods!

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome! Cam needs an Uncle Bassam that slips him 20s. Nice.

    ReplyDelete