Sunday, August 23, 2009

CRAZY Sleepy Day!!

Alright... We all know that Elle can sleep. She sleeps in her Moses basket, in her swing, stroller, car seat, on the ground on wet towels, on the couch, in her crib and in her mother's arms, just to name a few.

We know that she is a good sleeper. She takes four, 1 hour naps each day after sleeping for 12 hours at night.

We know that Sundays can mess with a baby's schedule. I never knew how bad it could mess with the schedule until today. Here's the play by play.

8 am = Sweet baby girls wakes up

9:30 = We leave the house as a family on our way to church (Elle falls asleep in the car)

9:45 = As a family we enjoy drinks and snack as 'bucks to get some energy for our day (baby is still asleep in her car seat)...don't worry, she is inside with us.

10 am = We arrive at church. Elle heads to the nursery but since she was just asleep, I put her down in a crib, hoping she will finish her nap there. (who knows how long she slept...my guess is not very long)

10 am - 11:45 am = Elle is in the nursery chatting with her friends, sitting in the Bumbo seat, playing with toys, and having a grand old time.

11:45 am = I pick Elle up from the nursery and her glazed over eyes say it all, "Mom...I'm exhausted!"

12 pm- 1:30pm = We head to Pat and Oscar's for lunch with a big group of friends (Elle falls asleep in the car, only to wake up as I'm finishing my food).

2 pm = We arrive at home, I feed Elle and put her directly in her crib, she did not pass 'Go', she did not collect $200

2pm - 6:15 pm = Elle sleeps soundly in her crib... not a peep, not a wimper, not a sound... (longest nap on record.. I'll do the math for you...4 hours and 15 minutes!!)

6:15 pm = Feed the sweet girl and leave the house to get some dinner with friends Daniel and Kate

8 pm = We are still at dinner and Elle falls asleep in my arms.

9 pm = We get home from dinner, feed the baby, put her in bed...not a peep, not a whimper...zzz

I just pray she sleeps through the night tonight!

The only thing I regret is that I didn't get more done today. I never started any projects because I just kept thinking, "As soon as I start _____ she'll wake up."

Now I know: When Elle has that glazed over look when I pick her up from the nursery, it's time to get things accomplished!!

No comments:

Post a Comment