Saturday, August 15, 2009

4 Month Check Up


Elle had her 4 month check-up on the 12th. I always like her check-ups because it is fun to see how she is growing.

She weighed 12 lb. 13 oz.

She was 23 3/4 inches long

Her head was 15.5 inches around

These measurements put her in the 23rd percentile for height...25th for weight...and 8th for head circumference. So pretty much she is short and fat with a pin head!

I keep thinking that she is huge! It hurts my arm to carry her for too long, she's growing out of her diapers, and for Pete's sake it looks like she's storing up nuts for the winter in those cheeks!! But I guess by all other standards...she is still tiny!

The doctor gave us a bit of a scare though. She said, "I'm going to remeasure her head, as it is in the 1 percentile." I'm thinking to myself...okay, stay calm, no big deal, my child has a pin head. Then the doctor says, "Okay, I'm going to measure her head one more time, we want to make sure her brain is growing." Now I'm freaking out a little, on the inside of course. I was hoping her new head measurement would show growth...sure enough. The doctor said her head is growing at a fine curve.

Here's a picture of Elle in her latest digs. A halter dress. I got it when I was in Pasadena last week. When I told Cole that I got Elle a halter dress he said, "You got our daughter a HALTER DRESS???!!!" Sure 'nuff!






No comments:

Post a Comment