Monday, July 6, 2009

Elle's First 4th of July

This Fourth of July weekend the whole family was sick. I came back from Orlando with a cold, Elle was stuffy, Cole got sick, and even my dad was sick. My mom and dad came down for the weekend to see all their grandchildren and also to dedicate Elle on Sunday the 5th.

We all went to Mission Beach where Amy (sis-in-law) and her family go every year. It was fun to see my nieces Morgan and Marly as well as Amy's family. We were sad that Taylor couldn't come this year....Cole said he had a "Taylor shaped hole in his heart." I think this sadness mixed with the sickness is what led to this picture. Coach is just showing her empathy. She's so loyal!



We headed out the beach sickness and all. Elle needed to touch her toes in the Pacific Ocean, since she had done the same a week before in the Atlantic!

Here goes...


...and her feet touch...


...not so happy with the temperature of the water...



...much better on the beach, under the umbrella, with my hoodie on!!

We hung out on the beach for a little while, ate some dinner with the gang and then headed home. Mom and Dad went to bed as soon as we got home, but Cole, Elle, and I had to see some fireworks!

Bassam, the owner of the cafe in the bottom of our building has a key to the roof; so Cole, Elle, Daniel, Kate, Patrick, Maddy, Carrie, Bassam and I headed up to the roof to see the show! Or I should say showS.

We counted 11 different fireworks displays from the roof. We saw everything from Eastlake to UTC. It was pretty cool. Here are a couple pictures of the 'works.

There were actually three displays that were synchronized....but the iPhone could only get two in the picture...


The greenish glow to my face is from Daniel and Patrick holding up their phones to shed some light so the picture would turn out...don't know why we didn't just go down and get the camera...

Sickness and all we had a great 4th of July! Fun was had by all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment