Tuesday, April 28, 2009

10 things I know for sure:


I've now been a mom for 3 1/2 weeks, and here's what I know for sure:

1.  Labor and delivery does not hurt as much as breast feeding/engorgement.
2.  Sleep is a gift.
3.  A plan is necessary otherwise I might just stay in bed and watch TV all day.
4.  Food in the freezer is the BEST!!
5.  Getting out of the house makes all things bearable.
6.  Scheduling showers, exercise, meals, laundry etc. between feedings is an art.
7.  A "To Do" list takes a few days to complete.
8.  The swing is my friend.
9.  Taking care of a newborn is work.
10.  This is the best work EVER!! 

**The picture is of Elle in her swing...I have a hard time believing that she is comfortable.**

4 comments:

  1. I love your list and the honesty!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. #11 - Three months is the "magic" age where everything starts to get normal again.

    Love your list and totally agree on all points ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. she doesn't look comfy but it sure is cute!
    congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i agree with the three month comment...also that this stage has it's challenges and moments to bring joy to your heart...ahhh baby love!

    ReplyDelete